The Emerging Europe Alliance for Business Services, Innovation and Technology is an initiative launched by Emerging Europe to increase the international competitiveness of 23 countries of Central and Eastern Europe, making it easier for the global markets to identify and recognise the strength of the region as a strategic partner, and compel its operators to conduct business with it.
The Alliance will strive to become the global go-to initiative for the region, providing a wealth of opportunities for networking, collaboration and international expansion for its members. The Alliance will seek to emphatically and enthusiastically promote the significant advantages of the region as an alternative form of foreign investment, so as to be recognised by both the global sourcing and IT markets and Governmental structures, as an effective, sound and dynamic platform for increasing competitiveness of the region. The Alliance looks to promote and support its membership base with sound globalisation opportunities and own business management advantages in order to secure competitiveness and growth from key international markets.
Our Key Objectives
- We create, develop and communicate a positive image and overarching value proposition of the region as a higher value-adding, and more competitive, alternative to other global IT, business process and outsourcing destinations
- We improve the business viabilities and service delivery capabilities of eastern European vendors through strengthening knowledge value and business management competencies.
- We actively and continually promote the creation and introduction of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) innovations, as well as emerging voice and web interface capabilities of emerging Europe’s vendors.
- We actively and continually promote business and IT services capability as an essential growth strategy for companies from different industries across the region.
- We actively and continually promote a transparent and open business environment, regional and international networking opportunities that build operational value by delivering high quality products and services, and by building and leveraging strong economic, technical and social ties among the members of the Alliance.
- We actively and continually encourage each member country to increase the level of collaboration between government, companies, and universities in order to optimise each host country so they can attract international buyers by giving them attractive economic and legislative incentives.
Critically, the Alliance does not seek to replace or diminish the role of country-specific Outsourcing Associations, IT Clusters or Investment Promotion Agencies (IPAs). In fact we recognise and commend the high value support these organisations provide for their respective communities. The purpose of the Alliance is to complement the hard work these organisations carry out, elevating the most positive attributes into a wholly aligned, and considerably stronger, value proposition at a macro level. It remains our determined aim to promote the collective strength of talent, technology and service capability of the wider region whilst at the same time facilitating each country in showcasing their unique value proposition. Outsourcing Associations, IPAs and government agencies, Chambers of Commerce, IT Clusters and other Trade Bodies will all play an integral and strategic role in the ongoing success of the Alliance and its mission.
Three bodies created from amongst the Alliance members — the Advisory Committee, the Steering Committee and the Council of Ministers led by the Alliance’s Honorary Chairman, design a roadmap for the Alliance and implement it.